Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wet n Wild - Megalast nail color (Disturbia, Sugar Coat, Red Tape)

Hi! Today I'm reviewing some new Wet n Wild megalast nail color polishes.

First up is Disturbia
This is with 2 coats. I really like this dark, eggplant purple color. The application was smooth and streak-free. The polish is also very shiny, the picture above is without a top coat so that I could show you the shine. I have to say, I really like this polish a lot.

The 2nd color is Sugar Coat
This is with 3 coats. The color is a very sheer, pinky / peachy shade. It can be worn in 2 coats, but I wanted to see how close to opacity I could achieve. Again this picture was taken with no top coat and the polish has a great shine to it. I'm not a big fan of sheer or nude colors, but this is nice and would compliment many skin-tones. It applied as well as the 1st polish and that's always a big plus for me!

The final color is Red Tape
This is with 2 coats, and again with no top coat. I'd describe this as a fairly sheer yet bold cherry tomato red! I really like this red! As much as I enjoy red polish on others, I never tend to choose it for myself. This one makes me want to wear red! It's a really fun shade!

So, overall, I think these are pretty great considering the price. There is a wide selection of colors, dry time is quick, and I had no chipping for about 4 days. Polishes are .3oz  They can be found at Walgreens, Amazon, and other drugstores.
My only complaint is that the brush is short and a little wide. If you have small nail beds, like mine, application is not the easiest compared to other brushes.
The formula is toluene, phthalate, and formaldehyde free (a big plus)!




** These polishes were provided to me for review, all opinions are my own**

4 comments:

  1. I really love your blog. Maybe you are agree following each other?! :)

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swatches and reviews! I just found your blog and I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award, you can find more info here http://haleysnails.blogspot.com/2012/08/versatile-blogger-awar.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nominated you for a Liebster Award!!!! http://newlyobsession.blogspot.com/2013/04/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it's important to think carefully about what the underlying reason is for a website, the dogs example fits the bill perfectly :)
    Weight Loss Supplements

    ReplyDelete